Monday, September 28, 2009

Fix it dinner

Don't you hate it when you come home from work to find the fridge empty. All you want to do is call for a take out, but you know that you can not have yet another take out meal within the same week. Sound familiar? For that reason I like to keep some essentials in the larder for emergencies, so I can whip up a quick fix it dinner. The essentials needed for the fridge are eggs, cheese and milk with the larder ingredients being dried pasta, bread, all purpose flour,  tinned fish, tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, rice, dried herbs, spices, honey, mustard, soy sauce, chicken stock, onions, garlic, ginger and potatoes. As for meat you can't go wrong with chicken and bacon. So with this list of food you can create a variety of dishes ranging from stir fry's to curries to pasta dishes, the list is endless. It always feels good to make something out of nothing and this is how many recipes are created although I must admit I wouldn't want to be doing fix it dinners every night as it can take a lot of thought and more often than not I am absolutely shattered when I come home from work, but the adventure can be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment