Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Finding the time

My mind is racing about the tasks ahead, testing out my recipes, experimenting with new recipes, finishing off the breakfast chapter, obtaining the photographs and not to mention the running of my home and going to work. How do I find the time. To be honest I don't know although I am very lucky that I have all my main recipes written down and it is now just a matter of ensuring the recipes are good enough for the cook book. There are two things I look for in a recipe, one is simplicity and the other is taste. I am not too worried about the salad and lunch chapter but the main meal recipes definitely need to be tested. As I have said before it will take time and I should enjoy the process but I also have to remember to have a life.

At the moment I feel slightly frustrated, not at the speed of the project but of my grasp of the English language. I sometimes find it difficult to find the right word to use and always get my tenses mixed up. All I can say is thank goodness Ian is here to help me.  The blog helps me too as I can practice writing my monologues on here before entering  them into the book. On the positive side though I am loving the meals that I am testing. The braised lamb and root vegetables we had on labor day was delicious so much so that Ian went back for seconds and thirds. At one point I thought he was going to have a nosebleed with the amount of meat he had ingested. You may think that Ian and I always eat extravegant meals but that is not the case, tonights dinner was sloppy joes and potato wedges. Something very quick and easy to prepare for a perfect weekday dinner. Mmm mmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment