My first mission is to print out all my breakfast recipes which I plan to start this afternoon and re-write them , so they can be understood easily. At present the recipes instructions are all over the place and not quite making sense to anyone else but me. I have to make sure that the recipes turn out the same for everyone. I am having to experiment with my cinnamon rolls though. I am impressed with the taste and the simplicity of the recipe, however I can not seem to get them brown on the top once baked. I tried egg wash to no avail, so I asked advice from a friend who is a trained pastry chef, she suggested sprinkling them with sugar, so I am going to experiment. I am going to try brushing some of the rolls with butter and sugar, some with sugar water and some with melted apricot jam and see which one turns out the best. I think Ian and I will be sick of the sight of cinnamon rolls although I'm sure the neighbors will enjoy them.
Today I also chose the style of book I will be using. I have decided to go for a large square (12 inch x 12 inch) with no set page layout. I have left this blank so I can create the whole look as I desire. I would like to have lots of pictures, so the reader can see what the dish is to look like, and I want lots of space for readers to add there own additions if required. I was thinking that I could have a page for the picture of the dish, followed by a page for the recipe with monologues being on a separate page.
Yesterday Ian bought a tripod for his camera, so more photos will be taken. My photo library definitely needs to expand especially if I am going to have to fill a book. I have a lot of work ahead of me. After re-writing the recipes I plan to write the monologues for the breakfast chapter and then begin to assemble the book.