Saturday, April 17, 2010

Avocado and Fennel Salad with a Honey Mustard Sesame dressing


What a refreshing treat. I made this salad last week and it was the best. I had two lovely pieces of salmon that I was planning to pan fry and wanted something light and tasty to serve alongside. This salad was perfect. I had a rough idea of what flavorings I wanted and how I wanted them to compliment the salmon so with a little dash of this and a spoonful of that the perfect salad dressing was created.

Avocado and Fennel Salad
Arugula
Fennel bulb thinly sliced 
1/4 Cup Fennel fronds chopped
Avocado sliced and diced
Cucumber sliced into 11/2 inch pieces (seeds removed)
Cilantro

Mix all the above together in a large bowl


Honey, Mustard and Sesame Dressing
(This is approximately what was used)
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 Tsp Sesame Oil
1/2-1 Tsp Soy Sauce
1/2 Tsp White wine vinegar
Pinch Dried Red Chilli Flakes (Optional)
Olive Oil ( Enough to loosen it up)
Toasted Sesame Seeds

Heat the honey in a bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds just to loosen it up. Stir in the mustard and add the sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar and red chilli flakes. Add enough olive oil just to loosen the dressing. Mix well and toss into the salad. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over top.



1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm, sounds delicious. I think i might just try this one

    ReplyDelete