Friday, March 5, 2010

Update

THE BOOK......Where do I start!! Guilt. That's what I felt about it this am. It has been pushed to the the back burner for a while and although I had set goals for it they were drifting off into the distance. I can now say they are in sight. I got a push forward in the right direction this morning by Ian's sister, who wants to buy a copy and I think she is eager to do so. This is good though as she keeps me motivated. (Thanks Moira xxx) So this morning after wallowing in my guilt and just being lazy I got up and fired up the frying pan and started to make pancakes with blueberry sauce. Once made I arranged them decoratively on a plate and set the scene for the photograph. They looked awesome if I do say so myself.


The photos were quickly added to the book.

Whilst working on the book I began to read through the chapters and admire the work I had already done. When I came to the dinner chapter I started to hesitate and think maybe there wasn't enough recipes or variations. Could someone pick up my book and want to cook any of my recipes? Would they think that these recipes were to simple? or boring? or not exciting enough? The panic began to set in. I began to justify what was in there. I had recipes including chicken, beef, lamb, sausage, fish, pork ranging from European to Asian themes. After the panic died down I decided that I would add one more Chicken dish. I have to remember this is my first book. Maybe I am being too critical.. I just want it to be perfect, is that too much to ask? 

Now that Spring is arriving its salad season for me and as I have no salad pictures.....

No comments:

Post a Comment